Sunday, March 29, 2015

Decompression week

No programming for a week. I believe a decompression period is well deserved. Don't what you want. Be active. Play sports. Learn new things. Ride a bike. You can still come in and train, but don't put expectations on yourself. Don't even look at a clock. I don't want that.

I do however want you to do some reflecting over the course of the week.

A.
I want you to reflect on the good from this season. That could be anything from memories to lifts to events, etc. 

B.
I want you to reflect on what you think you could have done better over the course of this season. 

C.
I want you to come up with some goals for this next season.

C 1 - Short Term (1-3 months)
I want you to list a minimum of 3 short term goals. Short term goals are things that can be attended to and fixed in a very short amount of time. 

C 2 - Long Term (3+)
I want you to list a minimum of 3 long term goals. These goals are going to be a focus for you, over the next 8-10 months for next season.

Lastly, I want you to post your goals. Not just on here but somehwere visible to you.

Somewhere you will see them everyday. Somewhere that when you look at it, you are reminded that you have a specific mission in mind.

1 comment:

  1. I've been giving a lot of thought to some new goals. Here is a shot at them.

    C 1 - Short Term (1-3 months)
    1. Keep with my weekly physical therapy on my wrists, and more general rehab work like mobility, yoga, swimming, compression, massage etc.
    2. Get back to training consistently. This year has been stop start due to injury, travel and other things. Be good to get back to training 5-6 days a week.
    3. I'd like to sign up for 3-4 competitions as soon as possible.

    C 2 - Long Term (3+)
    1. I'd like to snatch 215#, clean #300, jerk #275, back squat 375#, front squat 365#, strict press 200#, deadlift 475#, 7:15 2k row, 225# overhead squat, 6 min mile. Smorgasbord!
    2. I want to play some/more sports this year, maybe one or more of touch rugby, surfing, mountain biking, swimming, MMA, golf, standup paddle, maybe something random. Get outdoors more is the general theme.
    3. Have fun! I just want to enjoy my training, find a cool gym in Dallas, not get too caught up on expectations, have some solid broseshs and improve my fitness. I seem to improve when I'm enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete